The Zales Jewelers story began in 1924 when Morris (M.B.) Zale, William Zale and Ben Lipshy opened the first Zales Jewelers retail store in Wichita Falls, Texas. Along with offering high quality merchandise at the lowest prices, the store offered a revolutionary credit plan of "a penny down and a dollar a week" on many higher priced items.
This marketing strategy proved to be successful, and, paired with exceptional customer service provided by dedicated employees, led to the jeweler's expansion to 12 stores across Texas and Oklahoma by 1941.
Over the past 90+ years, Zales grew from a single store selling jewelry, appliances and cameras to a major international jewelry corporation. Zales has expanded to over 700 stores and become one of the largest fine jewelers in retail shopping malls across North America and Puerto Rico.